Washington, D.C. *
T: +1 202 637 9877
Merve Demirel is active in the firm's commercial law and public international law practice. She has assisted in litigating cases on behalf of the Republic of Turkey and foreign national banks. She is also involved in consulting commercial entities and foreign states on legislative and commercial affairs.
Demirel received her Juris Doctor from American University Washington College of Law, where she focused on international trade and commercial law. While in law school, she was a member of the WTO Moot Court team. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Macalester College, majoring in international studies and Russian studies. In 2010, she worked as a summer associate for White & Case in Moscow.
- New York
- American University Washington College of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2012
- Macalester College, Bachelor of Arts, 2008
- Program, Russian State University for the Humanities, Russia, 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Assembly of Turkish American Associations
- American Friends of Turkey
- Turkish, Native
- Russian, Advanced